Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 30, 2009

a quick update

Hello hello! I am alive and well, just extremely busy. A quick update -- we are moved into our new house and surrounded by piles of stuff everywhere we turn. I still love it and I can see where I want it to go, but it's a little overwhelming right now! Both sets of our parents have been extremely helpful though, both financially and with sheer manpower. I don't know what we would have done without them. Plus, thankfully a few projects are almost done -- my built-in craft desk and shelves, painting and new hardware in the bathroom -- which will make things a lot easier. I will finally be able to start moving all of my craft junk into my room, and we will be able to hang up our towels and get back to a normal bathroom situation. I have been taking progress pictures of my craft room from the very beginning, so that will be a lot of fun to post when I am finished. I wish I could take house pictures to show it off as-is, but I'm too embarrassed by the huge mess! Soon, I promise. Nathan is going in for minor knee surgery on Friday, so that will keep us at home for awhile and hopefully I'll be able to get a lot done over the next couple weeks.

Other than that, I'm just working working working. I had some freelanced websites roll out last week...and some checks roll in. Every little bit helps. Nathan's mom sent us some chicken wings last week that I though I'd cook up for dinner, and I got Nathan to show me how to turn on the grill. It is SO much more convenient to grill now that we have a real back patio! The wings turned out really great, and I think we'll be grilling a lot more this year...especially me. If you know any good, easy (or Weight Watchers-friendly) grill recipes, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I see your weight watchers recent activity has gone plus... know that it has more to do with added stress in your life than diet. Stress is simply evil and has a ridiculous effect on our bodies. As if all the other things that are going on already aren't enough, we have to work even harder to maintain our appearance. ugh. Just know that I think you are doing great and don't lose heart. I am proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with you -- grilling chicken wings. I hope Dad doesn't get the idea that I should grill!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...