Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Laura and Blair's Calendar Shower



I realize I never posted how the wedding shower we hosted for our friends Laura and Blair went! We decided to do a "Calendar Shower" theme -- we had to get creative because they were already being thrown several themed showers. I loved the idea of a calendar shower -- each guest is assigned a month of the year, and their gift is supposed to relate to that month (such as a holiday that falls during the month or the season in which it falls). It was kind of hard to find good decorating ideas online, though -- so we decided to go with a "four seasons" motif. The invitations had little trees at the top, one for each season, and we decorated with the four seasons as well. I used four stations, one each for spring, summer, fall, and winter. Each centerpiece was a piece of 12"x12" Martha Stewart bandana-print scrapbook paper; on top of that was a regular drinking glass (Pottery Barn) with colored glass pebbles and a faux Gerbera daisy. I also sprinkled around some seasonal sayings that were preprinted onto Vellum -- one of those scrapbooking "quote stacks" from the craft store.



The food was four seasons-themed, too; we set out a sweet and savory for each season. Spring was Peeps and deviled eggs; summer was shrimp and mini dessert burgers; fall was potato skins and mini pumpkin muffins; and winter was a snowman cheese ball and Christmas sugar cookies. I think the two biggest hits were the mini dessert burgers (I found a Tollhouse recipe online - super easy) and the snowman cheese ball (it made a HUGE amount - I would only make two-thirds or half next time, and I liked the pesto mix best).





Poor Mr. Snowman didn't last very long - it only took about 10 minutes for him to look like he had a serious injury.



Anyway, we had a fun time and they got some great gifts. I would definitely do it again.

2 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! I have never heard of a "calendar shower" but your description is wonderful and it sounds lie it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to see a picture of your invitation. We are throwing a "Seasons of Love" Shower (Four Seasons Shower) and aren't sure what to do about the invitation.

    Any creative wording?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...