Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 9, 2009

Eleven Things I Love: My Kitchen

Inspired by the kitchen-themed "Favorite Things" series over at Apartment Therapy's The Kitchn, I decided to post ten of my own favorite things from my kitchen. Except...it ended up being eleven. I couldn't cut one out! And actually, it's a lot more than that, considering lots of these pictures have more than one things in them. Hmm... Oh well. I love them all - I am so excited to move into our new house and make the kitchen all our own!

White farm table; This is probably my favorite piece of furniture we own; we got an incredibile deal on it at an antique store in Fayetteville, Tennessee on our honeymoon. We are going to get a plexiglass top cut for it so that it can go in my craft room at our new house, and I can use the table space - I think I'm going to keep my sewing machine out on it.



Three-tier cake stand, from Pottery Barn; Another major favorite gift I received at a wedding shower - it matches our Great White Pottery Barn dishes. I use it all the time for serving at parties, and I would hate to ever put it away.



Pewter Metal Morphosis coffee scoop; my sister-in-law Michelle bought this for me at a great shop she always takes me to in Smyrna, Georgia called Love Street. It was a birthday gift last year. We (usually Nathan) use it every time we make coffee - it is always just right.



Vintage aluminum 7-Up and Dr. Pepper coolers; I love these so much. We bought them on our honeymoon. They are especially cool because they have a little bottle opener built in on the side. We used the 7-Up cooler to fill with mini glass Cokes for a cookout in 2007 - it was great. The little girls at that cookout got a huge kick out of it.



Vintage graters - I've gotten these all over...at three different flea markets. I use the rotary grater all the time. My mom bought it for me at the Mountain Top Flea Market in Attalla, AL for $2.00.



My pitcher collection; some of these are antique or vintage; some are brand new. I love them all. The two white ones at the upper left are from Pottery Barn; the plain one matches my dishes. The yellow glass is from Nathan's grandmother's collection, as is the pink Depression glass pitcher with a big chip out of the funnel. The three matching clear glass pitchers are from Old Time Pottery, i think. The big green one in the lower right is from my mom's collection; and the small white measuring pitcher in the lower left was given to me by my sister at a wedding shower.



1950s Double Cola thermometer, about 17" tall; this is my favorite of our two Double Cola thermometers we have. It is smaller, but I love the little starbursts on it. Of course it was (originally) twice as expensive as our bigger thermometer - but we eventually got it for a good deal at our favorite antique shop.



Deviled egg platter, Potter Barn Great White Collection - matches my dishes; my mother-in-law Ruth gave me this one at a wedding shower. I LOVE using it - it is beautiful. I love egg plates.



Red KitchenAid stand mixer; I really hope we can have this sitting out fulltime in our new kitchen when we move. The eight hostesses of one of my wedding showers all bought it for me. I registered for it and didn't expect to actually get it - I was stunned!



Cake plates; The two on the left are from our wedding and match our dishes - the Great White collection from Pattery Barn. The one on the bottom right is Italian and my sister gave it to me for a wedding shower. The little one with the ruffled edges I picked up at a discount store - I think it's the same Italian line as the one it's sitting on. I absolutely love cake stands. One day I will have a whole wall of cake stands and pitchers, I swear.



12-pack vintage Coca-Cola bottle crate; Nathan and I bought this at our favorite antique store in Fayetteville, TN. It's supposed to be fairly rare since it's a 12-pack, not a 6-pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...