Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

the beginnings

My mother could be held responsible for this:



It is the cut pieces, as well as 32 four-patches I've already sewn, of my very first "real" quilting project. Sure, I've made patchwork blankets before out of big fabric squares or t-shirts, but this is the real deal. This is what I'm working on, except obviously in the turquoise/green/blue color scheme you see above:



It's the pattern "Sunny Lanes" from the book Bits and Pieces: 18 Small Quilts from Fat Quarters and Scraps by Karen Costello Soltys. It will be 20.5" x 20.5" when finished. I only screwed up on cutting one of the fabrics - but I was able to swap two of the fabrics so that it worked out alright. My dark border is just going to be medium-color now, and my medium-color binding fabric is going to be darker. Oops.

Most of my four-patches lined up alright - a few seemed almost perfect, a couple noticeably off - but nothing too bad...so far. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics, and it looks like you are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it's coming along really well. I love those colors too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...