Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 20, 2008

home from SAGA

I'm home from my work trip to the 2008 SAGA Convention in Atlanta. Despite it being a work-related thing, I really had a great time. It was so cool to get to see all the amazing sewing these women do and be in the middle of it all - it's definitely different from my usual days behind the computer. I got to meet several of our contributing designers as well, so that was a lot of fun. We got to stay at the Westin Peachtree Plaza too, which was also great. Our room was surprisingly small to have two double beds, a couch, a desk, and a dresser...but it was super comfortable. One of the best things of the whole trip? They had the most amazing sheets! Haha.

I took a couple pictures of our booth from the market on Saturday...


...and I spent most of my time behind this table waiting to cut trims for customers.


We were exhausted Saturday night. Friday night we did get to have a little fun and went to eat at PittyPat's Porch across the street from our hotel. They had a piano player:


And we had some really fantastic peach cobbler with cinnamon ice cream.


On the way home, Leighann and I stopped in Chattanooga to do some antiquing. We didn't buy much ( I just got a little Dukes of Hazzard wind-up car for Nathan) but it was a gorgeous day to be out. The drive was really pretty. But as always, it was great to come home to my sweet husband. :) Sunday was pretty relaxing...I went shopping with my mom for a bit and got a new purse and some craft books, ran some errands, and lounged on the couch all evening. I've got a little bit of a bug that has me feeling kind of down today, but I'm surviving. Here's hoping it goes away soon..we are headed to Nashville next weekend with my parents for a trip to the Flea Market, and I definitely want to be well for that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...