Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

pouch success

Last night I did the unthinkable...I finished 2 small projects. I picked out a couple tutorials from the list I posted yesterday and whipped them up; one little padded pouch for my phone, and one little lined drawstring bag for my camera.

drawstring bag for camera, padded pouch for phone

The drawstring bag went together super easily; the only part that was the slightest bit difficult was stitching around the casing, because you do that after the bag is sewn together, but I had made mine a little bit narrower than the directions. However, it was doable. I had more trouble with the padded pouch for my phone - no fault of the instructions at all, which were very easy to follow, but because my walking foot was acting up and making a mess of my topstitching. It came out alright though, and it will be great for throwing my phone in my purse. I need to keep it from getting any more dinged up from junk inside my bag than it already is, and this is perfect!

drawstring bag for camera, padded pouch for phone

I have to say, I especially liked the drawstring bag tutorial. I think I will make it again for other things. It was super simple and I love that the lining creates a nice, neat inside. This picture is NOT good (sorry about that) but you can kind of see how the inside looks:

inside of drawstring bag

I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself for actually DOING something. I listened to a podcast interview on CraftyPod yesterday with an author that was pretty inspiring, and I'm definitely going to order his book when I get back from our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...