Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

new couch pillows

I'm excited to show you guys my new pillows - I finished sewing them up Sunday night, but just got around to uploading them today...



Yeah - fresh pillows! It makes a huge difference in the living room, I think - even Nathan thinks so, haha. The red flowered fabric is Amy Butler's "August Fields" in brick red. I also took a swatch to Hancock Fabrics, where I was excited to find a matching mini gingham in turquoise for the accents and the small pillow.



I made a big pillowcase-style cover for the biggest pillow (which was just a re-cover; I bought new pillow forms for the rest. We needed new ones, badly.) Then I made some little strips to stitch on as accents for the midsized pillows - three stripes on one, and a corner stripe on the other. I think they turned out pretty well - almost straight...



The one I'm most proud of is my "M" pillow! I used some Heat-n-Bond Lite fusible adhesive, traced out a big "M" I printed off the computer, cut it out and fused it onto the pillow front. Then I did a zigzag stitch around the edges. I'm a little concerned about how it will keep up, because this particular fabric (the Amy Butler stuff) seems to fray really badly - and the color doesn't bleed through, so it gets white where it frays or where the stitches pull. Oh well - what's the point of worrying? I thoroughly despise the idea of a pillow you don't use. I can always make a new one.

Next up is to finish the simple curtains for my craft room, and maybe a seat cushion too - if I get ambitious. We've got a really busy couple of weeks coming up though, so who knows what I'll get done. Not only am I pushing deadlines at work, but we are travelling to my sister's house down in Daphne/Mobile this weekend; and next weekend we've got a swanky wedding to attend in Eufaula. Should be lots of fun, but I'm sure it'll all be pretty exhausting. I have to remember to take lots of pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Purty! I really love the rust red color. And the "M" like Mary Tyler Moore's letter in her apartment! Awww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out great. I wouldn't worry about them fraying -- you have all of the edges sewn. And like you say, you can make new later. These look professional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!!! You're sooo tallented. When we get to decorating our new house, I'm so going get you to help. BTW I should have the hostess packet for your Pampered Chef show in the mail tomorrow since I haven't made it to your house yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...