Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 27, 2008

it officially feels like fall

We had a fantastic weekend on our short trip up to Nashville. My parents have been planning for a few months to take Nathan and me up to Tennessee for a weekend so we could go to the Nashville Flea Market and enjoy ourselves. We had a great time! We stayed in Brentwood Friday night and hit the flea market Saturday morning. It was amazing...if you haven't been, it seemingly goes on and on. I had no idea how we kept track of where we had been and where we hadn't (but maybe part of that was due to the cold medicine I'm still taking.) We snagged some really great finds. My favorite vendors, of course, were all the antique/vintage booths.







Nathan liked checking out all the knives and manly stuff with my dad...



But I think his favorite thing of the day was the vintage Coca-Cola stickout sign he was eyeing that my dad bought for him/us.



Later on Saturday afternoon, we headed down to Franklin, TN so my mom and I could hit up one of her favorite quilt stores, Stitcher's Garden. It really was fantastic...she treated me to some fabrics, too.



It was so hard to choose. I cannot wait to use them!! Anyway, when we got to the square at Franklin we realized we showed up at their annual Pumpkinfest, and there were woodcarvers and carved pumpkins all down Main Street. It was really fun to see the artist pumpkins and all the kids in their Halloween costumes.



Sunday morning, we (finally) woke ourselves up after a fun night watching Bama roll over Tennessee in the football game...Roll Tide!! We stopped at the Dog Days Flea Market in Ardmore, AL and my mom and I had a hard time tearing ourselves away from all the baby puppies, especially these little pugs...



It was gorgeous - all-in-all a fantastic weekend. We were exhausted when we got home and I napped on the couch for awhile before church last night. I can't believe it's so chilly outside, or that this weekend will be Halloween already, and then November. ?!?! Guess it is really time for me to crack down on the Christmas crafting, eh?!

Happy Fall, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. So Nathan still collects Coca-Cola stuff. I remember him liking that stuff when he was really young...like 6 or 7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a fun time. Let's plan that day trip to Franklin for the two of us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...