Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 6, 2008

new curtains

Alright, I have pictures of the curtains that I promised. Here are the before curtains, cute red ones that my mom made for us when we moved in but that are a little dark for spring:
And the afters, new ones that are a little shorter, a little lighter and a little springier:Like them?! I think they look way better in person than in my silly photos, but here is a non-flash shot so you can kind of see how they look in the room. I think they'll look even better when the sun is up, since the room will be a lot brighter. Those red ones barely let in any light!
Closeup of the fabric:
And I'm telling you, I'm lucky I had literally just enough thread to get these sewn. Here is what's left:
Sad! Because I want to use my leftover fabric to cover a big pillow I have on the couch. Guess I'll have to get some more this week.

Anyway - I am going to go relax, but I wanted to post these!

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed, and I am really impressed that you got them done in one sitting. I can't wait to see them. I will come by one afternoon to take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, you make me feel like a lazy do-nothing. ;) Actually, I do have plans for two crafty things: sew a doll and make a plastic canvas doll.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...