Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 6, 2008

birthday success

What a fabulous weekend! I have lots of fun things to share...First, we had a bunch of friends over on Friday night for a birthday get-together, which was tons of fun. Nathan surprised me by inviting a lot of friends I hadn't seen in awhile. I made a cake....as you can see, my training as a pastry chef hasn't stuck.
But who can turn down the Pillsbury Dough Boy and Funfetti icing?! Anyway, we had a great time.
Saturday we got up and my parents took us out to lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse (excellent treat for us) and we went out to Southern Reproductions to pick out my birthday desk. Check it out...my computer corner finally resembles a usable workspace!Isn't the desk lovely?! It's solid oak. I am in love with it. It looks great - if not a little crammed between the china cabinet and the front door - but it makes a huge difference. The monitor on the left is my new monitor - it is stunning - and with my new software and graphics card, I finally feel like I have everything I need. I'm so incredibly excited (and grateful to my parents) that I have all of this at my fingertips now. I wasn't expecting to be this equipped for at least several months down the road, if that.

Last night was awesome. We pre-bought tickets to see Shooter Jennings in concert last night at Crossroads, our favorite place to go out downtown. It was awesome! If you saw the movie Walk The Line, about Johnny Cash, Shooter was in it playing his dad Waylon in the scene where Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash are in the skeezy hotel room. But really, his band (the 357s) is awesome and the show was so much fun. I got Nathan a picture and got the bass player to sign it - Ted Rusell Kamp. (Super nice guy.) Go listen!

Also, if any of you watch(ed) The Sopranos, you'll know his girlfriend Drea de Matteo - she played Adriana, Christopher's girlfriend. Anyway, she and Shooter just had a baby in November that they named Alabama. Well, Nathan and I are absolutely huge Soprano's fans - we're working our way through the seasons on DVD (Nathan's second time, my first) and we love Adriana. Nathan kept saying, "I wonder if Adriana will be there! What if we get to meet her?" I kept thinking, no way, she has that baby and why would she be at Crossroads in Huntsville?! But our friend Woody found her sitting near the back in the sound booth, just hanging out. I couldn't believe it. We sort of spied on her for awhile, then we went and found her when the show was over and she was getting up to leave. I told her we loved her so much and just wanted to meet her. She was very sweet, smiley, said "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She seemed tired and had a raspy voice, like she had been sick. But that was definitely cool, to get to meet her and hug her. Weird!

Today after church I got out with my mom for awhile, to the fabric store and farmer's market. I found a some fabric to make new curtains and pillow covers for the living room! I found a swatch on the Hancock website here. I think it will help lighten up the house for spring, a good change from the solid red that is up now. I'll post pictures when they are completed and up. Then I did a groceries run and now I'm enjoying my new computer setup, listening to music, doing laundry...very exciting, I know, but it's always good to just sit, you know?

Happy April everyone..can you believe it's already April?! Tomorrow Nathan and I will have been married for 9 months, which is also crazy. 3 more months and we'll be celebrating our first wedding anniversary. Weird!! But fantastic. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the curtains! The fabric is very chic. That's awesome that y'all meet "Adriana" off the Sopranos. I used to follow it in college but missed the final season of it. I always liked her accent.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...