Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, February 11, 2011

nursery update: glider and chandelier!

I wanted to do a quick driveby post to share two very exciting nursery updates: the glider has arrived and the mini chandelier has been installed!

got the glider in place and the chandelier installed!!

First, the chandelier:

nursery chandelier

As I've shared in previous posts, I have always dreamt of having a mini chandelier in a baby girl's nursery, and now my dream has come true. We could never afford similar baby boutique chandeliers at $200-$400 (from what I've seen) but we could afford this $50 version from WalMart. It's surprisingly adorable for the price and it's the perfect size for the room. I wish it gave off a little bit more light, but we've got plans for 3 other lamps in the room, and it stays pretty bright in there from natural daylight as well, so it's okay.

But for my absolute favorite thing we now own, my beautiful, beautiful new glider:

my nursery glider!!!!

I wish I could express how excited I am about my chair. It really is "my" chair, and it's the only thing in the nursery we've dished out some decent bucks for. I chose a fabric that I absolutely loved instead of something that probably would have been more practical, but they sold me on the warranty and Scotch Guard prevention; it only needs to be washed with water. I am just completely and totally in love. Big thanks to my sweet husband and his handy cousin Brandon for installing the light and moving the chair. :)

Glider fabric

Next up is dealing with some more lamps, hanging a few things on the walls and recovering a small ottoman I plan to use that my sister gave me.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that chair! And the chandelier, too. (Also your curtains are amazing). And as far as the chair goes, we haven't had too much of a staining issue at my house; normally if Will spits up while we're in the chair, it usually just goes all over me and rarely (if ever) gets on the chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog so, congratulations on the coming little one. How exciting. The nursery is coming along nicely and that chair is worth every penny. Is it covered in Micheal Miller fabrics? It looks like Dandy Damask - just wondering. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog - and our nursery aesthetic is similar (mine is still coming together - but will be silver & white). Yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...