Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 17, 2011

little rocker

little rocker custom onesie

Today I shipped the cutest custom order to a buyer in Little Rock, Arkansas. She saw my "little rocker" onesie in my Etsy shop and wanted to know if I could stitch one up in pink - but add an outline of the state of Arkansas underneath. Some friends of hers have recently moved to Chicago from Little Rock with their baby girl, and are apparently homesick for their old town; so my buyer wanted to send a gift for their little one to remind them of home.

little rocker custom onesie

It turned out even cuter than I pictured and I know she is excited to get it in the mail this week. Since I ordered some glassine bags and some fabulous yellow Divine Twine, I sent it off in super cute packaging along with my new business card. Of course, I completely blanked on taking a picture of the packaging, so I'll have to remember to do that next time so I can share.

our house in the snow!

The snow here is finally melting away - this was our house the morning after the biggest snow we've had in Huntsville, Alabama since 1988. Nine inches! You can see that the snow came all the way up our 3 steps. This is when it looked fresh and pretty, and was still snowing; over the next few days, it got icier and icer all over the city. We had a hard time getting in and out of our driveway even just the other day. But with temps back up in the 40s and some rain today, the last dredges are disappearing. I'm about ready for the slick spots in front of my office building to be gone.

25 weeks 5 days pregnant

Yesterday we took a turn-and-burn day trip to Atlanta (about 3 hours each way) so we could hit up Ikea and get Georgia's baby crib. Little did we know it was the last day of a big Ikea sale, and it was an absolute crazy house. Totally took the majority of fun out of it, although I did pick up a couple fun little things - plus of course, the elusive crib (courtesy of Nathan's parents). Above is me yesterday morning at 25 weeks 6 days. 2 more weeks and I'll be in the 3rd trimester - insane!

mac and uncle nathan

We stopped by to see Nathan's sister, brother-in-law and nephew Mac. Poor little guy was having some shoulder pain from a fall he took and we found out today after a doctor's visit that he actually broke his collarbone. Poor thing! I can't imagine trying to contain a 3-year-old boy's energy while in a sling.

red and turquoise elephant pillow

In other news, I popped a couple new items up into the shop this evening: a red and turquoise elephant pillow, and a new design - an alphabet pillow, also red and blue. I've got another embroidered alphabet in the works that combines black, teal, red and a repro print; this one will be framed. I also picked up some great little white frames at Ikea for mini framed embroidery, so I've got to plan out what I want to do for those.

blue and red alphabet pillow

This week at the office is incredibly busy as we're trying to race a magazine deadline that got thrown off by the snow last week. We'll make it - we always somehow do - but it's going to be a long one. Combine that with Nathan and me wanting to get the nursery painted this week and I bet you anything you'll find me glued to the couch next weekend. For now, I think I'm going to get to work on registering for the baby online. We'll see how it goes without visiting the store - I'll keep you posted. Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

  1. That little onesie is ADORABLE! What a great idea for someone from Little Rock.

    I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery as it comes together. It is sounding so cute already.

    BTW, thanks for the info about the phosphates and dishwashers. I returned all my non-phosphate dishwasher soap to the store and am trying different kinds and the results are SO much better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...