Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

projects...and an announcement

I must be the world's worst blogger! I imagine I've lost any of the readers I had at one point...at least the ones I'm not related to. ;) Anyway, I've got a couple things to share. First, I finally finished stitching up my little Spike-the-cat needlebook that I started on craft night last month.

 kitty cat needlebook

I think it turned out pretty cute! I'm not the world's *most* talented blanket-stitcher...but I don't think it turned out half bad in the end. I also stitched a little fishbone on the first page.

kitty cat needlebook

You can never have too many needlebooks laying around, so I know this one will get put to good use. Spike likes it too, although naturally he thinks our world revolves around him, so he wasn't too surprised I used him as a subject.

In other crafty news, I've been spending gobs of time with this baby:

new baby!

My beautiful new-to-me Bernina! My mom gifted it to me last month after she bought herself a newer, better Bernina. It is a huge upgrade for me and I just can't believe what a difference it makes in my sewing. I am in complete and total love with the presser feet more than anything - they're so sturdy and lovely and easy to use...it's just like magic. I spent the better part of last week sewing up a Colette Patterns Sencha blouse; I'll try to take some pictures after I get the buttons sewn on the back. It turned out alright, but I want to try drafting a few changes and have another go at it. However, that's for another post, another day.

But now to the biggest news of all - although I know full well that most people reading this already know - I'm pregnant! We're expecting a little Baby Miller sometime in April! It is still very early (I'm only about 6 weeks and very nervous about everything going smoothly) but it was just too hard to keep it to ourselves, so we have told all of our family and friends. I have felt pretty good until this week, but the exhaustion and constant low-grade-yuck feeling are starting to wear on me. I've experienced my first few waves of nausea over the last few days, which just plain suck, let me tell you. I hope those don't hang around long. I'm also having a headache issue that just isn't going all-the-way-away. It was really, really bad on Sunday, not so good yesterday, and off and on today. It's "just" tension headaches, from what I'm guessing are a number of things (hormones, the weather, caffeine withdrawal, stress?) but they are really treacherous at times. Ibuprofen is usually what knocks them out for me, but since I can't take that and Tylenol isn't really doing the trick, I'm just trying to think positive and hope they go away!

And so apparently, my little bean is the size of a lentil this week, is growing a nose, mouth and ears, and has a heartbeat of 100-160 BPM. WOW! It's an amazing feeling. I just ask for your prayers and positive thoughts that everything continues as it's supposed to over the next few weeks and months. I don't go to the doctor for about 3 more weeks, which is killing me - I want to go TODAY, but all things in good time I suppose. Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. Hang in there with the yuckies... they will pass in time! Keep us updated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a happy blog post! Hang in there and you will start feeling better soon and the reward at the end of 9 months is SO worth it! Plus, just think of all the fun baby stuff to make with your new machine!!!!!

    I love the little fish skeleton embroidery in your needlebook.

    Next craft get-together, we should make stuff for the baby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...