Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 18, 2010

last week

Finished piecing the top of my 4th of July tablerunner, just a little late. I keep procrastinating on quilting it until I get my new machine! Yes, my new sewing machine...my mom bought herself a new Bernina Aurora 440QE at the AQS quilt show in Knoxville last week, so she's passing hers (a Bernina Virtuosa 155) on to me. It will be a huge step up. I can't wait!!!

4th of July table runner - top pieced, needs to be backed and quilted

Finished making and mailed out the invitations for a wedding shower we are throwing with my girlfriend Jessica. Our husbands' third amigo is getting married in August, so we are jointly hosting a citrus-themed Tool & Patio shower for them. Jessica and I are pretty excited about how cute the invites turned out. We're going to be driving down to Tuscaloosa next weekend for their engagement party.

invitations for a citrus-themed tool & patio shower

Made a simple little card to go with a Tool & Gadget shower gift for my husband and father-in-law. It matched the invitations I made, too. My husband's cousin Len is also getting married in August, and Nathan is the best man. He hosted a guys-only tool shower for him last night. I hid in our bedroom with Spike and watched a Harry Connick, Jr. movie.

Tool & Gadget shower card

I had to get up early and go help set up for one of my company's major events, the School of Art Fashion. My back is killing me from cleaning the house yesterday and then working at setup this morning. It is going to be a tight week with a major magazine deadline approaching plus all of the school events I need to be at, but I always enjoy the School.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to have so much fun with your new machine! I love the polka dots on your inner border of your table runner. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that table runner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...