Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 25, 2010

more bedroom updates

So I finally finished my mini checkerboard quilt I was making for our bedroom, but when I went to take some pictures of it to share on here today, I realized that I haven't posted about our new bed! We bought a new (to us) king size bed off of Craigslist for $100 (4 years old with box springs included). Nathan is so tall, and I am such a bad sleeper, that we have really wanted a king size for awhile now. It is heaven.



We thought about swapping our bedroom with the bigger "man room", but once we started thinking about how much work that would actually be (we would want to paint and redo each room) we decided to see if the bigger bed would work in our bedroom as-is. To compensate, we flip-flopped our bedroom so that the bed is on the opposite wall from where it used to be; the dresser switched sides too, which meant getting rid of the big mirror (would have been in front of the window on that side of the room) but we're planning on getting a standing mirror from Target (maybe like this one) when we get a a little cash.



I was worried that the king size would swallow the room and block the entrance, but in reality the whole room seems bigger to me. I lost my side table, but it's worth it to me - I love our setup now. Now I have to figure out something for our headboard - lots of ideas, just have to choose one and go with it! Plus, I've got a couple wall art ideas I need to make happen.



Speaking of wall art, I'm really happy with how the mini quilt I made for our room looks now that its hung. Finishing it off was NOT without LOTS of mistakes, but now that it's up, I don't notice them as badly. I think I just wasn't being precise enough throughout the whole creation process of this one, and it made a huge difference, I think. Now I can appreciate how much the extra attention matters to making the later stages of finishing the quilt go much more smoothly.



I've already got another quilt lined up and ready to go, which I'm super excited about. It's a honeybun of Hello Betty, one of my favorite fabric lines from Moda, and instead of choosing a cream for the complimentary background fabric, I went with the vintage-mint-green color that we have in so much of our house. The pattern I bought from Quilter's Refuge is called "Dutch Treat". I am going to get started on the cutting this week!



I've got several work-related photoshoot trips coming up over the next couple weeks; Vicksburg is this week, then Sea Island, Georgia is the following week. It's going to be exhausting, but I always enjoy traveling for work. So often it's perk I would never get to take part in otherwise. I'll take those perks where I can get them!!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful room. The red and aqua is so beautiful together and your quilt is the perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...