Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 7, 2009

lovely labor day



I'm sitting here in my living room with the shutters and windows wide open, cat on the arm of my chair and Martha Stewart on the television. I just drained my second cup of coffee and started the last of our laundry. Nathan left awhile ago to go cut the grass on the property he shares with his dad in Jackson County, and all I have on my plate today is to cook supper. I think I'm going to get in some crafting and a trip to the grocery store..maybe a little shopping, too. Life is good!

Yesterday, my mom and I took a short road trip over to Scottsboro, AL for Art in the Park and First Monday on the square. We didn't buy much, but we had a great time. My favorite booth was full of vintage linens and aprons. I wanted to take them all home, but I restrained myself. My treasure of the day was a vintage plastic Coca-Cola thimble - Mom and I both got one for our sewing rooms.



This past week, I decided to sign back up for Weight Watchers. I did so well on it at the beginning of the year and lost almost 20 pounds - but when summer hit here, it got hot and I got lazy. I keep thinking about the holidays coming up, and how I don't want to go into them feeling helpless about my body. I'd rather go through them feeling better and better about myself, instead of coming out feeling worse. So - back to it, it is. It worked when I committed to it the first time, so I know it will work this time. I'm just going to stay positive -- and I think they key, for me anyway, is to keep switching it up. Try new recipes, new snacks, new routines; if I get bored, I fizzle out quickly. A hard boiled egg for breakfast and baked chicken every night of the week isn't going to cut it - how depressing. Speaking of breakfast, I'm challenging myself to have something for breakfast every day. It's a really bad habit of mine that I always enjoy breaking,  but have a hard time sticking to due to pure laziness. A little bit of planning, and I think I'll be okay.

So - on with my day! I think I heard the dryer stop, so I need to go deal with that, and then maybe some crafting. I plan on using my day off to its fullest...at least after Martha Stewart is over!

4 comments:

  1. I've never been to First Monday in Scottsboro, but those linens look fantastic, so I will have to try that sometime. There is an interesting scrapbook store over there called Keepsakes that we go to sometimes.

    Our next door neighbor's daughter is a set designer for Martha Stewart and she just won an Emmy for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That's great about Weight Watchers! Good for you! I need to recommmit myself. Maybe I can sign back up. I have a really hard time getting to the meetings on time from work, but lack of self control is the real excuse. I'm totally jealous of the crafting trips you and mom get to take. :( I highly recommend the Emerald Nut packs and Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bars for breakfast. They are 3 and 2 points respectivley and pretty yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I wish I could have a fancy party like that too!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with Weight Watchers! I couldn't stick with it. I joined Golds Gym last week so I'm hoping that will be better for me since I don't mind working out and I HATE dieting! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...