Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 12, 2008

crispy but clean

So, our weekend was pretty good - although if you couldn't tell from my last post, I made the unfortunate decision to go to the pool for a few hours with my friend Benae but forego sunscreen. Be ye not so stupid. What was I thinking?! I haven't had a bad sunburn since I was young, and this is really excruciating. Actually - the day of (Saturday) and yesterday were nothing compared to this morning and today. I will spare you the details, but all I can say is that if tomorrow isn't better, I've got problems. I'm buying some SPF 1,000,000 next time I run errands and not leaving the house without it for the rest of ever.



You might not be able to tell how swollen, tight, and red my legs and ankles are by this picture. That's okay, I'll feel it for you.

Anyway, in more positive news, Friday night Nathan and I finally picked up our new oak TV cabinet from my parents' house. Okay - it's actually not brand new, but my parents have had it in their bedroom for as long as I can remember at our Huntsville house, and they just recently replaced it with a taller, less deep cabinet that will fit a flatscreen. (We could have just taken the flatscreen off of their hands, but whatever.) We moved a lot of furniture out of the way to bring it in, and then Nathan decided it was time for a serious cleaning on the living room. (I can't say I was excited, but I know it needed to be done. Plus, who wants a husband who thinks cleaning house with me on Friday night is fun?! I do! haha.) So here is the half-empty room with our new TV cabinet:



I like the cabinet a lot - there is a lot more storage underneath, it fits our old chunker TV quite nicely, and it has a place for our digital box and dvd player. (Before, they were teetering on the top of the TV and would occasionally slip off the back - oops.)

So anyway, we got a little crazy - I cleaned the baseboards, we dusted the molding, we tipped over the couch to clean back behind it...but it was worth it.



I love that we have space on top of the cabinet to display one of our antique crates. (This one is a Philadelphia Biscuit Bakery box that Nathan bought a few years ago, when we spent a day antiquing before I was leaving - for a long trip or to go back to school, something like that.) It was underneath the table by the couch, but now you can see it so much better. Anyway, after we got most everything back in the room, we lit some candles and watched a movie...and ignored how trashed the rest of our house was. :) You know...the rooms that I have decided to not photograph and post on the internet.

1 comment:

  1. Love the crate on top! I always loved having things up there too -- it's a great place to stash small gifts. Now you can come clean at my house, or just send Nathan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...