Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, March 2, 2013

DIY @ SCC: Shoebox Receipt File


You guys, I really do blog. I promise. I just do it for work so much more than myself! I've got to do a better job of not just blogging for my job. Anyway, I figured that when I have a DIY post up over at the Stitch Craft Create blog, I'd link to it from here as well, which is probably cheating but I have no shame. So here is numero uno of this new sneaky tactic to force myself into blogging...

Last week, I shared an easy way to make a little receipt file using a children's shoe box. This was actually my husband's Valentine's Day gift, because isn't budgeting everyone's first thought at the word "romance?" No? Okay then.

But seriously, this is great for us because we really do keep up with every single receipt and track it on a giant spreadsheet that Nathan keeps up with, bless him. But things can get a little disorganized when we divide them out across our debit card, our flex medical benefits card, and each of our individual credit cards. We'd been throwing our receipts into a little wooden box for him to go through, but it was really just chaos. Now, I can file my receipts for him really easily and he has way less questions to ask when it's spreadsheet updating time.

It's gotten rave reviews from him the last few months. And isn't that paper to die for? It's a new line from Fancy Pants Designs called Park Bench. Love love love. Check out the full how-to right here.

Alright. More blogging to come this week. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...