Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 25, 2011

sweet georgia

008

Hello from babyland! Sorry for the lack of posting lately, but as you can imagine, it's been Georgia Central over here. Miss Priss turned 5 weeks old yesterday on her first Easter, and today was my original due date, if you can believe it. We certainly had a rough go of it after a week in the NICU and a scary start at home, but that tough time seems like so long ago. I just weighed her (my dad got us a cool home baby scale) and she was 7 lb 15 oz! At her one-month appointment, she was 7 lb 5 oz. She is eating so well (all the time) and is such a sweet little baby. She has truly turned into a newborn and is not at all like her former preemie self - full of personality and starting to really recognize us. She loves laying on Daddy's chest in his big rocking armchair, hanging in her swing with me in my craft room, and tummy time - she's lifting her head extremely well.

Georgia's First Easter

Her first Easter yesterday was wonderful. We started out with a basket from the Easter bunny (the Cadbury eggs were really for Nathan) and had dinner at my parents' house with both sets of grandparents. Everyone got plenty of Georgia time and she, who loves to be held, was in heaven.

Georgia's First Easter

Georgia's First Easter

I'm feeling great as far as postpartum stuff goes. I'm annoyed because although I weigh 10 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight, none of my jeans fit; but what are you going to do? I guess my body is just a different shape now. I'm anxious for my 6-week postpartum appointment next week so I can get the okay for exercise. Then it's back to Weight Watchers. I'm kind of excited about it since they have switched to their new points plan and it will be a little different -- which I think will help make it more interesting for me. I'm really wanting to try new recipes, too - takeout and frozen food is getting really old now that I've got a little more energy at the end of the day. (Of course, I say that now that I haven't gone back to work all day yet. That energy level may not quite be as good given the night feedings and pumping.)

Anyway, I'm going to oficially dip my toes back into blogging now that we're on a better schedule and I'm back to a bit of crafting, custom Etsy orders, regular showers, etcetera. Haha. I do have one custom order I just did to share soon, and I also want to do a post of my favorite baby-related stuff one day. Until then, enjoy one last shot of our sugarplum passed out on her daddy:

020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...