Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 25, 2011

custom pillow: alpha gamma delta

custom pillow

A friend of mine asked for a custom order for her cousin, who is a member of the Alpha Gamma Delta sorority at Montevallo, back in March -- before baby girl decided to make an early arrival. I had the embroidery finished and the fabrics picked out, but the pieces had been laying on my craft desk in the aftermath of Georgia's birth for over a month. I finally got in the craft room to finish it up last week - woohoo!

custom pillow

Alpha Gamma Delta's mascot is the squirrel, and their colors are green, red and gold. I used up some great green fabric I had bought for a Christmas quilt several years ago that never got made; and a pretty yellow print for accent. My favorite part is the big red button that fastens on the back.

custom pillow (back)

For a belated finish, I love how it turned out, and so did the recipient. I think I have another custom order in the works - an elephant pillow - and I've got an alphabet panel ready to be stitched up as well. I'm hoping to get some new inventory ready for the shop over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT SHANNON! All my sisters are so jealous of my fabulous hand made pillow :) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...