Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 13, 2011

march goals

Georgia's quilt - rows all together

I did not do nearly as well on my February goals as I did on my January list! Look at me, I can't even post a monthly goals list within the first week of the month. I'm going to chalk it up to third trimester exhaustion and pain. Basically, the dining room has not been touched and probably won't be for awhile, so any projects related to that are on hold. We are considering pursuing alternative methods of getting the dining room painted that don't require me doing it, because we would really like to get it at least painted before Georgia arrives.

Regarding my other failed goals, the baby quilt I imagine will get a lot of work this month, since I have brought it back to the forefront of my UFO pile (and cleaned my sewing area!) (That's the quilt where it stands today, above - all the rows are together, and now it needs borders, backing and binding. Definite progress!) And the Etsy items? I set a goal for adding 7 new things, but I only made it to 5. Granted, I'm proud of the five I did manage to add - fabulous wool felt needlebooks.

So, with those disclaimers, here is my progress on the February goals:

  • Install chandelier in the nursery. (continued from January) Done!

  • Paint the dining room. (continued from January) Not done...considering outsourcing this!

  • Hang/re-hang artwork in the dining room. Not done due to the previous unfinished bullet point...

  • Hang curtains in the nursery. Done 2/5

  • Take maternity pictures. (Scheduled 2/18) Done!

  • Finish sewing diaper stacker for the nursery. Done 2/3

  • Get nursery art framed/hung. Mostly done...just one more area to deal with.

  • Frame and hang fabric in embroidery hoops over the changing table. (like this!) Done! Pictures soon.

  • Finish piecing the top of the baby quilt I have in progress. Umm....not done, but almost.

  • Hang new ceiling fan in the master bedroom. Done!

  • Start refinishing thrifted chairs to go in the dining room. Not done due to the rest of the dining room being on hold.

  • Order fabric for new dining room curtains. Sort of done, because I'm going to reuse some fabric I did not get to use in the nursery.

  • Add at least 7 new items to the shop. Fail! I added 5, though.


It could be worse. Honestly, I can't believe I got as much knocked off of that list as I did. I am hugely pregnant and pathetic these days. To be fair, I did get several thing done this month  I didn't have on my list, like hacking down our changing table pad to fit our Ikea table (it was way too long), setting up our wills, getting life insurance, staying on top of my baby thank-you notes, and tackling some other nursery projects. But for my March goals, I'm going to be easier on myself given that I'll be 34 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and my calendar is full of upcoming baby showers, work deadlines and, I'm guessing, an extremely low patience level on my part! Haha. That said, here we go:

  • Add the borders to the baby quilt top and at least start quilting.

  • Wash all of baby's clothes, towels, sheets, etc. that we have gotten so far.

  • Organize baby girl's closet and dresser drawers.

  • Reorganize part of kitchen cabinets and all of pantry. (To make room for baby "stuff" and get better access to things we use most often)

  • Blog at least once a week! (I need to really make myself do this; obviously I have not kept to it very well this month!)

  • Make at least one new Boppy cover.

  • Get my dear sweet husband to assemble some of our bigger baby things (ie. the swing & bouncy seat we've already gotten).

  • Get my dear sweet husband to remove some of the big objects that are inhabiting the nursery right now that don't need to be there (ie. the cradle we don't plan to use, the saucer seat Georgia won't get to use for awhile, the extra swing we need to send to his parents' house).

  • Hang blinds in the nursery.


Okay, so those practically baby and nursery related things, but I am getting so slow-moving that if I don't get them done this month, I'm not sure they will get done at all. We will see how March goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...