Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

february goals

Happy February! I can't believe how quickly January passed. Just yesterday I hit 28 weeks - 7 months pregnant and third trimester. Wow. The first half of this pregnancy seemed to move agonizingly slow, and now it just seems to be flying by. Not that I'm complaining; we are so excited to be one month closer to meeting our baby girl! I have to go take my glucose test this week, so I think I am going to try to get to the lab at the crack of dawn tomorrow to get that out of the way while there will (hopefully) be no lines. I don't anticipate any problems with the results, but who knows - I've become a sweets junkie for the first time in my life. I guess that is one old wives tale that rang true - they say if you crave sweets, it's a girl.

Anyway, I thought I would do a rundown of how I did with my January goal list. Not too shabby and actually much more successful than I anticipated:

  • Finish getting the extra bedroom (future nursery) cleaned out of junk. Done 1/20

  • Paint the nursery. Done 1/20

  • Install chandelier in the nursery.

  • Order a glider for the nursery. Done 1/15 - woohoo!

  • Pick up the crib in Atlanta. Done 1/16

  • Pick up assorted baby stuff from my sister in Mobile. Done 1/29

  • Paint the dining room. (Paint is bought.)

  • Finish getting an initial inventory created for Etsy shop. Done

  • Get initial Etsy shop inventory photographed and listed. Done 1/10

  • Order new business cards. Done 1/7

  • Develop a plan for order packaging. Done

  • Blog at least once a week...and link lists don't count. Done!

  • Register for baby showers! Done 1/18


I have to say, I am pretty proud of myself. We decided to postpone painting the dining room until this month, but I think we'll be able to knock that out sometime in the next few weeks. We also have Nathan's cousin coming over to help us hang the chandelier in the nursery probably this week or next. I'm also dang excited that the glider we ordered for me should be arriving in about a week. I cannot WAIT to get it home.

So, onto my list of February goals. I've downgraded the overwhelming factor from January's list, although it will still be a full month. Our childbirth, breastfeeding and parenting classes also start in a few weeks, and I have a trip to Atlanta planned with my mom the weekend of February 25th.

  • Install chandelier in the nursery. (continued from January)

  • Paint the dining room. (continued from January)

  • Hang/re-hang artwork in the dining room.

  • Hang curtains in the nursery.

  • Take maternity pictures. (Scheduled 2/18)

  • Finish sewing diaper stacker for the nursery.

  • Get nursery art framed/hung.

  • Frame and hang fabric in embroidery hoops over the changing table. (like this!)

  • Finish piecing the top of the baby quilt I have in progress.

  • Hang new ceiling fan in the master bedroom.

  • Start refinishing thrifted chairs to go in the dining room.

  • Order fabric for new dining room curtains.

  • Add at least 7 new items to the shop.


That's all for now, I think. I've been working on some cute new stuff in the works for the shop using wool felt - a couple needlebooks, possibly some baby mobiles...I got a new Sizzix Big Shot machine that I'm incredibly excited about using, too. No cutting tiny circles out of felt by hand ever again - woohoo! - so who knows what I'll come up with using that!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for accomplishing things!! I love the idea of fabric in embroidery hoops!

    What are you doing to the "thrifted chairs"? I've been trying to work up the nerve to reupholster a chair I have . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they were really roadside pickups...they're just regular straight-back dining room chairs with a padded seat. They're not the best quality, but...I think if I sand them down and paint them and then just recover the seat cushion part, they should look pretty good! I have a wingback chair I really want to tackle reupholstering in the future, but I refuse to do it while the cat thinks it's his personal scratching post...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...