Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

january goal-setting

2011 is shaping up to be an extremely eventful, exciting year for us at the Miller House. With Baby Georgia due to arrive in late April, obviously we have a lot to do to get ready and, in turn, any plans we have for the rest of our year will be mega-affected! We also have a lot of other things going on that, while in no way can compare to how having a child will rock our world, are still big (to us, anyway). I've always read that the best way to achieve major, intimidating goals is by setting small, achievable ones along the way. So in lieu of making any major New Year resolutions, I'm going to try to keep up with some monthly goals with the help of this blog, and weekly goals in my shiny new planner.

(Speaking of my shiny new planner, I am SO AGGRAVATED with myself. I had bought a gorgeous vintage sewing-themed 2011 planner last summer while on vacation in Colorado and had so been looking forward to breaking it in. But in what I'm going to blame as a fit of pregnancy amnesia, I completely forgot about it and bought a cute little one from Target instead. It's already full of important notes and I can't stomach throwing it out for the pretty sewing one...so I guess that one will have to just stay in my craft room as a calendar and then inspiration. But SERIOUSLY?! I'm so angry I forgot to use it.)

Anyway -- back to my monthly goals. I will check back in monthly to see where I'm at with last month's list and add to my list as needed. For now, January is looking pretty full. I'm about 6 months pregnant now, and I'm having some pretty serious back pain that I worry will keep me from being too useful around the house before long. So we have lots of house things planned over the next few weeks to get done before Georgia's arrival. Additionally, I'm getting ready to launch an Etsy shop! I don't want to put it out there without getting some firm footing though, so I've got a checklist for that too. So here is what I would love to get taken care of in January:

  • Finish getting the extra bedroom (future nursery) cleaned out of junk. (The bed is gone to storage and the chair has been moved to the living room, but we have a lot of STUFF that needs to live somewhere else, since baby is sure to come with lots of her own STUFF.)

  • Paint the nursery.

  • Install chandelier in the nursery.

  • Order a glider for the nursery. (Rug came yesterday from Overstock. Love it!)

  • Pick up the crib in Atlanta. (planned 1/15)

  • Pick up assorted baby stuff from my sister in Mobile. (planned 1/22 or 1/29)

  • Paint the dining room. (Paint is bought.)

  • Finish getting an initial inventory created for Etsy shop.

  • Get intial Etsy shop inventory photographed and listed.

  • Order new business cards. (Logo is done!)

  • Develop a plan for order packaging.

  • Blog at least once a week...and link lists don't count.

  • Register for baby showers!


Okay, so I think that's pretty ambitious for one month considering it's on top of a full time job and previous commitments. But these are all things that have been in the works for awhile, so hopefully we can manage it all. I've been working really hard to get a decent amount of Etsy inventory created and I've got pages of brainstorming lists for future items. It's a big project, but I'll get there one step at a time. You can't win if you don't play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...