Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 20, 2010

getting a start on Georgia's nursery

Just had to share where I'm headed with baby girl's nursery! :) I am going with a light grey and yellow theme - walls will be light gray, looking for a yellow rug (considering this one).

So I bought fabric for the bedding to get started -- a yellow/gray floral print for the bumper, and a gray/white geometric for the crib skirt. I also bought a couple plain gray crib sheets to coordinate. My mom is making a light gray/light yellow/white quilt, too, and I bought some yardage of the yellow/white elephant print just because -- I had to have it for SOMEthing! And I have always sworn that I would have a mini chandelier for a baby girl, so of course, I got one of those too. I ended up getting what I found to be the best deal for comparable chandeliers at WalMart of all places, which with $2 shipping was hard to beat.

nursery purchases so far

Technically we haven't bought the crib yet, but we are getting the compact and simple Sniglar crib from Ikea in January when we can return to Atlanta with a big enough vehicle to fit the box! I have already gotten the Sniglar changing table and a crib mattress, thanks to Nathan's parents, who generously bought them for us when we visited Ikea a couple weeks ago. They are beech wood, but they will mesh well with the existing white pine furniture that is already in the room (an armoire and a bookshelf).

nursery purchases 2

I'm anticipating my biggest purchase to be an upholstered glider. I have a few in mind that, while pricey, are not outrageous. However, I'm waiting to hear back from a client/friend of our photographer at the magazine who apparently has a light yellow one she is willing to sell and had barely used. Fingers crossed!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is going to be one sophisticated nursery! The elephant fabric is the same as the black and pink elephant fabrics that I bought. The chandelier is going to be a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that color scheme! I was thinking today, of all things, that whenever we have another one I'd love a gray & yellow nursery. Are you going to paint the chandelier?

    Please post pics as you get the nursery finished (or as a work-in-progress). Georgia will have a gorgeous room!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...