Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 8, 2009

halloween tree

I'm excited and proud - my new Halloween tree is finished, with a handmade topper to boot!



I got this cute tinsel tree on sale at Hobby Lobby, picked up some orange, green and sparkly black ornaments (also on sale) and couldn't wait to get it set up. I've been seeing tons of vintage-inspired crepe paper rosettes lately, made into ornaments or other sweet fare, and had to give it a try for myself...

=

I used the basic directions from a tutorial on Once Wed, added a few Halloween-y touches and glued some ribbon ties on the back to attach it to the tree top.



I'm pretty pleased with it - I want to try out some other ideas too; for both Halloween and Christmas - maybe even New Years. How cute would this be as a New Year tree?!

Anyway, I've gotten up lots of other Halloween decor as well. I want to buy some pumpkins (maybe tomorrow or this weekend) and put on some finishing touches, and then I'll share more. Meanwhile, check out The Swell Life - she's been doing 24 hours of Halloween crafts today; one every hour. Cute ideas!

8 comments:

  1. That is fantastic! I love the colors! And the rosette came out fabulously!

    Have you ever been to One Pretty Thing (http://www.oneprettything.com/)? She does a daily list of DIY stuff. You should send her a link to your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such fun! Love the vintage vibe you've created here.

    Cheers,
    Madge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Halloween tree! All of my Christmas tree ornaments are photos. Making photo ornaments for Halloween is a super fun idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' the retro vibe! Thanks for sharing this fun idea!

    Halloween hugs,

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WISH I could find black ornaments! I really like the topper, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw...I wish I had a sparkly Halloween tree!
    This is really cute,thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I'll have to dig out my aluminum tree now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, nice! The colors are really fab.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...