Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, May 9, 2009

a successful saturday

Nathan and I had a great day today. After sleeping in and heading out to Mexican food for lunch, we got a lot done. We managed to get our huge stash of "stuff to donate" out of the garage and to the thrift store...then Nathan mowed the lawn, and I grocery shopped for tonight's supper. Which, I might add, was pretty delicious. I made a Martha Stewart recipe for shrimp stir-fry - her title was "Spicy Shrimp Stir-Fry", but when I made it, it was definitely not a spicy dish. However, it was lovely and gorgeous anyway:



We also had cheese grits, biscuits, and broccoli slaw. Yum.



Today I also managed to prep my (yummy Amy Butler!) fabric to sew new covers for our sad, dingy couch pillows...



Continued to play around with my art journal (disclaimer -- I did not do all of this today, but just left it open over the last few days to doodle on as I felt like it):



And finished painting my craft room chair a crisp white. Spike approves, as you can see. You can't hear him, but he's meowing at you right now, telling you how awesome my chair is.



I still want to make or cover a cushion for it. Painting the chair was fun and brought back a lot of memories - it is part of our set of dining room chairs, which has been split up so that four stay at the table, one is at the desk in the kitchen (which I want to paint red), and this now-white one is in my craft room. Nathan and I inherited the dining room table and chairs from my parents, who had it for something like 30 years...my sister and I grew up having holiday and special occasion meals at that table, in these chairs.

Anyway, we watched Australia tonight and then I managed to force myself to finish the dishes so I don't have to deal with them in the morning. We've got plans for Mother's Day with each of our moms, which I'm definitely looking forward to. Now, it's getting close to bedtime. I've got a cold or something coming on that has me feeling so worn out. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I like it white, and it will look good with a cushion, but I think I will like the one in the kitchen red even better. It's solid, old furniture, and I'm glad you can still use it. Any thoughts about painting the rest of the set too? Black?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...