Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 11, 2009

finally - time to sew

I finally managed to get some free time tonight to put everything else aside, get out the sewing machine and try it out at my new craft desk. I love, love, love it. I decided to work on the mini quilt I started a few months ago - progress on which was completely derailed by events at our house, then moving, then getting the craft room in order. Anyway, having a space just for sewing made all the difference:



It's not a big space, but it's a designated space just for me, and I think that's what matters. I got to enjoying it so much, I finished piecing the whole top - woohoo!



It is CERTAINLY not perfect, not even close, but I'm proud of how it turned out for my first "real" pieced quilt project. Next up is to pick out some backing fabric, figure out how I want to quilt it, and then bind it. Picking out the fabric will be the fun part - figuring out the rest is a little scary. At least I've got my mom the quilter to help me out if I get stuck. For now, I'm just patting myself on the back for getting this far without any major disasters.

5 comments:

  1. The colors of that are beautiful! Did you get the fabric locally?

    Your craft desk is wonderful! I like having the cutting pad right by the machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I got the fabric all over the place...lots of it came from Stitcher's Garden in Franklin, some in town and some in Decatur at Quilter's Refuge. I think I even got some in Little Rock at a little store I went to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for you!! I love it. Are you going to hang it up? I can't wait to see the craft room in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOVE the colors!!! You always have the best sense of style!!!! Looks awesome! And I am totally coveting your crafting space. I have designated an area for myself... small but it is all mine. I just need some shelves built and some organizing to take place. I am tired of never being able to find my stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dawn!!! Your comment just made my whole morning!! Mom - yeah, I think I will hang it up - either in my craft room or in the extra bedroom, since it goes with the colors in there. Not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...