Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 8, 2008

busy busy busy

Well, I guess I totally missed last week's Friday Links. Sorry about that... I was slammed all day Friday at work, and then rushed home to get ready and go to Nathan's company Christmas party. By the time I got home, I was so exhausted, I couldn't see straight. Then the weekend just progressed from there - busy busy busy. All I can do is promise I WILL have links for you this week!

I have a couple crafty things to share! I did a Secret Snowflake swap for an online community I'm in, and she got her package, so now - I can post pictures. First of all, I did a little embellished felt turtle plushie...



It turned out alright...she is a turtle lover, so I think she liked it, but I wish I had done something different with the construction. Oh well.

I also made a few holiday/Christmas cards:



This was one of my first ventures into making cards from scratch like this. I'm pretty happy! I used Stampin' Up stuff, and also paper and ribbons I've been collecting for Christmas crafts. I had planned on making Nathan's and my Christmas cards too, but alas, Hobby Lobby discounts and exhaustion won out, and I bought them. Maybe next year.

My favorite thing I made and sent was an embroidered owl tea towel. The tea towel and embroidery patterns are Aunt Martha's. This was the first time I actually started and finished an embroidered design like this. I love it - it was hard to part with it!





The pattern is the Wednesday owl from Hooty Owls.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...