Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 10, 2008

fulfilled

Friday afternoon, I left out of work and carpooled with some ladies I go to church with for our annual Women's Retreat to Christ Cove near Scottsboro. I had never been before (on any church retreat, or our Women's Retreat, or to Christ Cove) and it was really amazing. Wouldn't you know that my camera batteries died the second I tried to take a picture of the stunningly beautiful sunset -- but I know others had cameras and they promised me the pictures. The lodge was great - log cabin style outfitted with gorgeous rooms, a big full kitchen, huge front porch with lots of rockers, cozy leather couches with a huge stone fireplace. I was even lucky enough to have my own bedroom/restroom with beautiful views. We got to see the sun set Friday night, wake up to coffee on the front porch with deer in the fields, and we had a powerful time together Saturday morning before homemade lasagna for lunch. I've been spoiled!

It was hard to get up for work today, but regardless I'm back to the grind. I'm in a busy time of my work cycle and that's got me feeling tired, but the cool weather has me thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've been listening to some Christmas music on my iPod already at work. Sad, I know, but they keep me feeling positive while I work through the harder stuff. (Vicki bought vanilla biscotti flavored coffee, too...that also helps.)

The other good part of my day: I made teriyaki chicken wings in the crock pot for supper tonight. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...