Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

weekend recap

We had a long weekend! (Do we ever not seem to have one of those?) Our good friends Jason and Jessica got married, and Nathan was the best man. We had the rehearsal dinner Friday night and then wedding festivities Saturday. The rehearsal dinner was so much fun - they had it in Jessica's parents' backyard, Italian-style with homemade lasagna and lights strung up across the yard. It was really nice. We ended up all just staying and celebrating until the parents of the bride kicked everyone out about midnight. :)

Me with the bride, Miss Jessica:
Me with Jessica the bride

The wedding was out at Crosspointe Church (Jason did the website!), where Jessica's mom works. It was really gorgeous...I bawled the whole time, and I'm not even a big teary person at weddings! Here is a shot of the new married couple with the bride's parents and her sister, Danielle, maid of honor...
Bride's Family

The reception was at the Huntsville Depot Roundhouse, which I've always wanted to throw an event. I just couldn't get over Jessica's flowers. The food was delicious and I loved the buffet table:


Jessica's mom Melodie sent me home with a centerpiece which I LOVED. :)


Nathan helped decorate the car...


And my parents came, so that was a lot of fun for me.


Sunday morning I went to the Madison County Farmers Market with my parents in search of pumpkins. It was an extremely successful trip.


I loved how they made pumpkin stacks.


All in all, between my mother and myself, we made out pretty well. We had to get a grocery cart to carry our pumpkins to our cars.


I'm so excited it's fall. The leaves in our yard and my pumpkins on the front stoop make me so happy when I get home every day. We're still planning on a Halloween party...I think we are going to be Buster and Mother from Arrested Development. Haha...we watch it on DVD every night before bed!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica's wedding was beautiful! And I'm totally jealous of your pumpkins--for some reason we still don't have any yet.

    Jeff and I want to be Dwight and Angela from The Office for Halloween. (oh tv, what great costume inspirations you have) So if you know of any cute sweaters with cats on them...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...