Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Links: Back with a Vengeance

So sorry I have neglected to stay on top of my Friday Links for a few weeks. But I promise I'm back in black - it is prime crafting season! Have fun, happy weekend!

Banner Season @ Mary Engelbreit Home Companion
I seem to have a thing for banners lately, and this one is no exception to the cuteness I love about them...The rest of the site has some cute ideas, too.

Easy Homemade Simmering Potpourri Recipes @ easy-homemade-recipes.com
Oh yes. I think that the day I decorate for fall/Halloween, I need to make some simmering cider to make the house smell amazing. The Christmassy-one looks fantastic as well.

The Needy Church by Tom Johnson @ Theolog
I really liked this little essay - it hit home with me because Shiloh is a very small church, and we really are all needed to do what we volunteer to do.

Made It Myself Monday: Simple Little Doll House @ Bitter Betty Blogs
It's made out of a gourd and has curtains inside. !!! I want to live there!

Shirley Pintucked Tunic from Mens Dress Shirt @ clevergirl.org
Ooooh, how I like this - she says it's Simplicity pattern 6239 and she reviewed it on PatternReview.com. I may be convinced to try this one. I love these kinds of silhouettes and I think they look pretty good on me - they're virtually the only kind of tanks I can get away with because they have wide-width, wide-set straps, not low cut, and loose around the middle. That in my language means I can wear a bra with it, and it hides my belly rolls at the same time. Double positives!

Bird Tutorial @ Nellie's Needles
I love how this turned out - her fabric choices are great! This would be a lot of fun to make in a Halloween-theme. And, oh yeah - the rest of her blog and quilts? I'm drooling.

DIY: Paper Flower Pomander Ball @ Once Wed
I wanted to do these for my wedding and couldn't ever find a tutorial I liked. Ugh! Anyway, they'd be pretty for Christmas.

Pumpkin Painting Idea Center @ DecoArt
Tons of pumpkin and Halloween ideas.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your compliment about my birds and for sending readers my way. I suggest that if you link to the tutorial post, consider checking out the "Bird" label to see all the posts and pictures of a lot of birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite link is for the gourd house. That would be fun to do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...