Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 8, 2008

(Late) Friday Links

Sorry for the lateness! It has been a busy week. First of all, as most of you know, I landed my dream job and started work there on Monday. It's been a fantastic week - better than I even expected! I can't wait to go back on Monday...haven't felt that way about work in a long time. My schedule is much more 8-5 than before (I was used to 7-3, lunch at my desk) which I am actually really liking. The only trouble is adjusting to the shift in my day! I used to have hours and hours after work to do whatever I wanted - it doesn't feel that way anymore. Granted, we have had lots of things we had to do this week in the evenings, but I think I'll get used to it. One thing I love is the lack of traffic in the mornings. I used to be heading out I565 West every morning towards Research Park with everyone else - now, I head over Governor's Drive, out of the city...unlike everyone else. It's pretty fantastic to just whiz by the stacks of cars pouring into the Medical District.

Anyway, I have a few (three) links for you this week, but not too much due to the busy week - my apologies! Hopefully I'll be more on track with, you know, life this week.

Recycled Mirror @ Bean Sprouts
Love love love this - it's mosaicked with cut-up soda cans. You would think you could only mosaic with glass bits...apparently not so.

Tutorial Tuesday: Tissue Paper Carnations @ Indie Fixx
My sister and I used to make tissue paper carnations with bamboo skewers when we were little, but they were seriously not this cute! I keep thinking they'll be fantastic in black for Halloween...

Zebra Cake @ Baking Bites
I thought I would try to make this for my Stampin' Up party that I'm hosting tomorrow, but I'm lazy and will not, in fact, have any for my guests. Sorry guys...maybe next time! (I do promise some yummy snacks in its place.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...