Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 28, 2008

the newest obsession

I know most of you guys have seen the sequin and bead-embellished felt stuff I like to make sometimes...like our Christmas stockings and the Valentine plushie.





I was preparing to get started on my Halloween crafts this week (time is a-wasting, yall...plus you know I need to decorate in September. I must be PREPARED.) and I was thinking, I really need to expand my embellishment options. I had seen this book online called "Doodle Stitching" and decided I needed it - I am such a doodler, and I have a hard time sticking to patterns. I bought it, and it's really great for freeform stitching and the like. So based on how excited I was getting, of course I needed to expand my supplies, and here are the results of that endeavor...



Haha. Think I have enough to get started?! (Thanks Mom, for helping me get everything!)

I started playing with just a tiny piece of felt, doing some of the new stitches I learned.



I think I'm digging it. I'll keep you posted on the new stuff I try out. I got a hoop and some fabric stabilizer so that I can try embroidery on some regular (not felt) cotton fabric - never done that before.

Wish me luck and hope that I draw as little blood as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted about Halloween crafts--can't wait for fall to get here! Fall always makes me feel "nesty" and I get the urge to go to Hobby Lobby and buy everything there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...