Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Links

Lots and lots of goodies for you today! Enjoy and Happy Friday! :)

Gin and Titonic Ice Cube Molds
Ocean liner and iceberg molds...hysterical.

When logos look alike @ Logo Design Love
"Tell yourself at every step in the design process that someone has undoubtedly already thought of this and what can you do to really set it apart. In design, and particularly logo design, the pessimistic axiom that “everything has already been done” is becoming more and more true, and it is only the virtuous designer who can continue to stand out in a sea of sameness." -Mike Davidson

Chalkboard Paint Ideas @ Cathie Filian
I've never even used chalkboard paint, but craft shows/mags always have the best ideas. I especially like the globe.

Dave Grohl, Exhibiting 'Patience and Grace' - Interview on Fresh Air from NPR, October 2007
If you like Dave Grohl, Foo Fighters, or Nirvana whatsoever...I highly recommend taking the time to listen to this interview. I came across it yesterday while looking up info on an old Foo Fighters song and it has tons of good stuff in it. It's good for the non-rockstar fan, I think, being a "real", NPR-stamped interview. Even if you don't do the whole Foos/Dave thing, I'd still say you should listen to it - maybe it will turn you into a fan?! I don't know. And can you really go wrong with a Terry Gross interview? (It's about 45 minutes long.)

red cross quilt @ crazy mom quilts
Uh this is beautiful and I want it.

Not Always Right
"Funny and stupid customer quotes." Whether or not you've worked retail/food industry/with clients, you'll still appreciate how hysterical (and sadly true) all the stories are.

Rubber Stamp Tutorial @ Creative Kismet
(If I get around to it, among other things) I need to make an elephant stamp for my mom.

Patchwork Notebook Cover Tutorial @ craft apple
I keep looking for reasons to buy all the painfully adorable fabric I'm seeing everywhere, now that I'm spending more time in sewing shops.

Baklava Recipe @ About.com
Baklava is my favorite ever, and I found this recipe through a blog post of someone who had success with it.

Little People - A Tiny Street Art Project (blog)
Very strange, teeny tiny people and things made into street art, then photographed.

Sweet Papery: unique custom address stamps and labels @ Etsy
I am *dying* over the adorable-ness of this stuff. When I have some spare cash (ha, ha) I want some for me. Also excellent presents, hm...

The Craft Gossip Blog Network
"CraftGossip is all the latest news from real craft people telling you about the real stuff. We scour the net looking for the best craft ideas and projects and review them for you." Yes please.

Fred & Friends
Really odd/hysterical stuff.

Pimp Stitch
Along the same lines as the ever popular Sublime Stitching, super cute patterns and embroidery "stuff". Their blog is really cute.

Ichigo Daifuku - Japanese Sweet bean and Strawberry ball @ Instructables
This looks amazing - doughy goodness with a strawberry inside.

Egg-in-a-Hole Recipe @ The Pioneer Woman Cooks!
I have been wanting a recipe for this, and tada...my favorite food blog now has it. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. BTW I've spent about 70% of my day today on notalwaysright.com. It's like an additction.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...