Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Links

So glad it's Friday. My mom and dad are home from Colorado, finally! I missed them a lot - nothing is better than unwinding by venting to them. Haha, I'm sure they missed that while they were gone...not! Anyway, glad to have them back on this side of the country. I'm also totally looking forward to the relaxing weekend. We really don't have anything going on for once, except that we're a little broke this week, so that should make for a lot of time on the couch and computer. Oh yeah, and about 5 loads of laundry. What a fabulous Friday night I have ahead of me.

On with the goodies...

"Joy Ride" Quilted Postcards at Pink Chalk Studio
Extremely beautiful and detailed works of art - all quilted and embellished with beads and whatnot..absolutely gorgeous! I want to touch them.

Vintage Sheet Project 1: Workbaskets at oh fransson
Cute sewing tutorial for making a little lined workbasket - also with matching pincusions.

Notable Notions at Glitzkrieg
Great reference for all those sewing notions and tools and what their purpose is. I could use this..I have no idea what half the things were that I grew up playing with out of my mom's sewing dresser.

Geekware
Online shop of handmade accessories and gifts - all made out of "recycled electronic waste." Love this stuff. I'm pretty sure I need these earrings. The perfect complement for any outfit, I say..because when am I not sitting in front of a computer?

Memory Quilt at Nordic Craft
This is a really sweet little memory quilt with photos...I think the colors and the little details make it as wonderful as it is.

Jayme McGowan's Roadside Projects Blog
I'm in love! Awesome tiny papercraft shadowbox sculptures. You just have to see them to understand how sweet and funny they are.

diy project: ashley’s picture frame tray at Design*Sponge
If you know anything about my home style, you know I love trays. I've been wanting one of these glass-top frame trays for awhile. I had the idea in my head that I could do it, but haven't yet...now I can see how it's done.

Coriander Shortbread at pieKnits
This looks incredibly delicious. I love shortbread, and I think my Dad would really like it too because it is inspired by Belgian wheat beer. I think he likes shortbread, too...hm...someone has a birthday coming up in August..

table lanterns at Design*Sponge
This is such a good idea - simple paper lanterns over cylindrical vases (I would totally use drinking glasses, not going to lie...my mom has some that would work, and I think they sell some at Old Time Pottery too.) I'm having a Stampin' Up party on a Saturday night in a few weeks - these would be adorable made out of scrapbook paper for that.

Simply Bloom Wedding Photography
Found this photographer while looking at a friend-of-a-friend's wedding pictures on Facebook. I am just totally in love. I think the style is stunning. I keep going back to look at them because they're all just so pretty.

How To Curl Fabric Ribbon at Zakka Life
Here's a clue, you can bake them into shape. Who knew?

3 comments:

  1. Love the vintage sheet tutorial with the workbasket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Georgia May! Beautiful!
    Harry Orange is pretty bad. I went to school with a girl named Misty Waters. Her brother's name was Dusty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking to me, I'm glad you like the quilt! :)
    /Karin @ nordic craft

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...