Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 9, 2008

three days of weekend

I feel awesome after the long weekend. I took Friday off from work for a mental vacation, and it absolutely did what I needed it to do. I went out for a really nice breakfast with my mom at Another Broken Egg Cafe in Jones Valley - tons of food, totally delicious. The best part was their stoneware coffee mugs, and the staff was very friendly - major thumbs up for that. Anyway, we went shopping for awhile and I got a great summer dress. Then I ran some errands, which was nice to get out of the way before the weekend even started. Saturday night, my good friend Benae and her boyfriend Michael came over to grill out in the backyard - it was a lot of fun to just sit around with the citronella candles and fireflies and talk.

Nathan made all the patties and grilled them up for us.


Sunday was the annual Miller Family Reunion up at Monte Sano...


Nathan and I both agreed, for some reason it was one of the best reunions we have had in at least a few years, but the weather was pretty miserable. Beautiful, but extremely hot and humid. All the kids were red-faced from running around the park. But we had a great time, sweaty and all.

Sweet Mr. Ethan, hamming it up for the camera,



Sweet Faith, I loved her adorable red dress:


Even Bailey was burning up (Nathan's cousin Brittain's new puppy):


And of course the music was great, as always.


Last but not least...I have to include this picture of my father-in-law Greg, because I love it.


So it was back to work today...but back to fresh new projects, so that's good. Tonight we went out to eat with Nathan's parents and our Pastor Matt and his wife Mary Ann, as they're leaving for their new church on Wednesday. (Fun fact for those who don't know, we're Methodist which means that our pastors serve based on the itinerant system, and move around often based on their appointments.) We had a good time just getting together with them one last time.

And it's Monday, so it's back to the grind...I've just been trying to deal with some chores around the house and whatnot. Last night we went to bed and were literally asleep by 8:30pm or so. The heat and all the running around really wore us out. I'm still pretty tuckered out tonight, but I better wake up....I have a big week ahead of me. Dentist tomorrow - ugh - but then Meghan and her boys are coming in town for 5 days, and my week and weekend are packed out from there. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures...

1 comment:

  1. Love the 'Miller Family Reunion' picture! Nice framing of the shot and Rule of Thirds. (I just got out of a photography class - can you tell?) Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...