Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 23, 2008

case of the mondays

I'm not feeling well today - I slept terribly last night! My mind was spinning, I didn't feel well, etcetera...poor Nathan had to deal with me tossing and turning into the wee morning hours. Oh well - maybe tonight will be better. I have so much going on right now that I'm worried I'll drop the ball on something. But at the same time, I don't want to give anything up. I'm hoping I'll feel like I can get ahead of the curve this week and settle my anxiety a little bit.

Our weekend was pretty wonderful. Very busy! Friday I met up with my girlfriend Benae for some post-workweek winding down that we both needed terribly. Her boyfriend Michael was hospitalized last week for some extreme abdominal pain, but all is well now, thank goodness. They're still not sure exactly what happened, but if he's doing better now that's all that matters, I suppose!

Saturday, we got up and drove to Tuscaloosa for the wedding reception of some good friends of ours, Steve and Kristin. I took a couple pictures...but I haven't uploaded them yet. On the way down, we stopped in Birmingham to get a few articles from old issues of the Birmingham News for Nathan's Foo Fighters research and a couple other things. I was impressed how good he is with the microfiche. I would have no clue where to start. I guess I'm just a child of the computer age. I remember that in school, we always learned about what microfiche was, but we never actually used it for anything! And then by the time I was doing research for school, everything had been computerized. Interesting though - now I know how to use it. You learn something new every day.

We had a great time spending the night with Steve and Kristin at their adorable apartment in Vestavia Hills Saturday night, as well. Kristin and I definitely have similar tastes - vintage/antique, shabby chic-ish stuff, retro turquoise kitchen stuff. Recently Steve bought her a turquoise 50s refrigerator and matching stove in Ryland when he was up for a visit, and he has them in working condition. I'm so jealous - she has great taste and great stuff! I want to steal all of her vintage finds for myself.

Anyway, we came back from B'ham yesterday and spent the evening doing churchy stuff. I had my first go at playing the keyboard with the Infinity praise team at evening worship - Ha, ha, ha! I need some practice. It was pretty terrible...I ended up just fingering along the melody. But Mike and Nancy let me take home their keyboard and gave me the book of music they've put together, and I get to pick the songs for next week. It should be better. I've also got to figure out how to use this keyboard - I think it needs to be less straight piano and more blended/ethereal....to give a better base for the singers (and hide my mistakes.) We'll see. I'm going to search online to see if Casio has the instruction books online or something similar.

My parents are about to leave for Colorado for 2 weeks, and we've got about a thousand things going on over the next month as well. Here's hoping I make it through without going completely nutty! We did manage to get the Fashionably Late website live last night. Check it out and feel free to join us or bring your friends!!

2 comments:

  1. if you are so busy you should NOT be fussing with my little side project! puleeze don't let it be a stressor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the Fashionably Late Web site! You are fantastic. I hope your week (and your sleep) gets less stressful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...