Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

babies etc.

I had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend - did you? I left work early Friday to drive down to Daphne (Mobile) to visit my sister's family and meet my new baby nephew, Taplin. Tap actually turns 5 weeks old today - Happy 5 Week Birthday, buddy! :)

The ride down was pretty horrendous, with terrible storms from Montgomery all the way to their front door. I spent a very long time going extremely slow, hazard lights on, tensed up and trying not to slide off of the road. Boo. Once I got to their house, the rain didn't even stop for another few hours. But we were cozy up inside...the first thing Bridger did was show me his General Lee car. Uncle Nathan would have been proud. And of course, best of all, I got to meet Taplin.







He went to the doctor the other day and found out he weighed 10 pounds, 4 ounces already! What a big guy. I can't stand his hair - there is so much of it, and it is SO soft!

On Saturday we went over to their mall and Bridger got to run around in the fountain. He had an absolute blast.



Taplin did not play in the fountain.



I'm so proud of the boys. Bridger is talking so much (all the time) and he obviously learns about a million new words and things to say every day. He is really hysterical. We had fun swimming with him at Justin's parents' pool on Sunday afternoon. I think his Mamie is right - he is going to be a fish by the end of the summer. I know Meghan is planning on taking the boys over to swim a lot this summer.

The cutest pictures I think I have of Taplin from the weekend are from Sunday night - after he took a shower with his mom. He had been a little fussy and the shower seemed to totally calm him down. Look at this sweet face!



Anyway, I'm back home now after a much better drive home. Traffic was bad on the 65 yesterday what with all the Memorial Day travelers coming home from the beach, but I still made pretty good time. Nathan and I had a good time just hanging out around the house and having pizza last night. Back to work today. At least it is only a 4-day work week.

3 comments:

  1. How precious are those babies!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait until they come here to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. leaflet distributorsJuly 27, 2011 at 8:40 PM

    great pics! love those kids! very angelic faces!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...