Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

one year older

Happy Birthday to ME! Haha. I am 23 years old today. It's actually been kind of a rough day so far (work-related) but I know things will be looking up as the day goes on. Nathan is taking me out for a nice meal tonight, we're going out with my parents for supper tomorrow (my mom's birthday!) and we're having friends over to celebrate on Friday night. Woohoo! Additionally...I got myself McDonald's for lunch today. So sinful, but oh so delicious. Definitely a treat.

In other big news, I am officially a business owner. My business license for Shannon Miller Creative came through yesterday..the best birthday present yet! Next on the agenda is to open a business bank account and start paying back my parents for the amazingly generous "interest-free business loan" they have given me this week...the results of which are a second 22-inch flatscreen monitor to give me more workspace, a super manly new graphics card for my machine, and a brand new version of Adobe CS3 Design Premium! I am overwhelmed and so excited. Additionally...for my actual birthday present, my parents are buying me an oak desk - probably very similar to this one - from Southern Reproductions this weekend (where they buy all of their beautiful oak furniture.) I cannot wait to get everything all set up and ready to go! It feels a little surreal that this is all coming together....now I just need more work. :)

Anyway, my lunch break should be over...I'm going to finish sipping on this Diet Coke and get back to work. I'm counting down the seconds until I can get out of here and enjoy the rest of the day. Then it's Mom's birthday tomorrow....Happy Birthday early, Mom! I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Congrats on the business license! So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday yesterday and congrats on the new business! That is awesome! CS3 is awesome! I got it for my home computer not too long ago. So nice to have the programs you need! We should exchange actions ( i have a bunch of cool ones and some not so great ones). I am always looking for some good ones that other people have found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Shannon!!!!Congrats on the business...you'll have to give me some business cards and I'll see what I can do.The four of us definetly need to get together soon...I'll be done weaning Weston probably within the next week or two. Ahhh...bittersweet, more free time :) but say bye-bye baby :(.~Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...