Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Links

Transparent Image Tape Transfer Tutorial for ATC, Collage, and Altered Art
This is such a good idea for collaging and it looks super easy.

12 Unique Business Card Advertising Displays
Page down for all the business card holder ideas. I love the mini couch one made out of polymer clay the best!

Kirupa.com
"Shocked Resource for Making Designers better Developers." A coworker turned me onto this site chock full of great design & development tutorials. It's fantastic.

Six Revisions
"Useful information for web developers and designers." Blog-based site with lots of great resources, most of which they present in list-form. Full of things you never knew you needed to know. :)

Ornate, delicate paper cupcake wrappers
These are stunning. Expensive but stunning!

An Angel Grows Wings - Animated Mask in Flash

I was searching for different techniques for making things "grow" in Flash, like say a blooming swirl. This is a good step-by-step for something like that using masks...even though it's for creepy wings and not pretty blooming swirly things, the idea is the same. :)

Learn PHP Free
I want to learn PHP but I don't know if I can stomach taking a class right now for $800, two full nights a week....so I might use this site or something like it to help me better understand the basics. Lynda.com is good too, and not free - but only $25/month. That's another option for a lot less dough than a "real" class, and I really like learning from video tutorials because it's so much more hands-on and like having your own teacher.

Extreme Crafting - Resin Jewelry
I've always wanted to try resin crafts, for a cool tray or something with embedded stuff in it. I even went so far once as to buy the resin and catalyst. But I've never done it. How do you think Nathan would feel if I embedded some of his vintage Dukes of Hazzard toys or old Nirvana concert tickets in a crafty little breakfast tray???

Dump Cake. A Potlucker's Paradise.

This looks amazing. And: "The Cast of Characters: Cherry Pie Filling, Crushed Pineapple, Yellow (or white) cake mix, Margarine, and Butter." How can you go wrong?!

DIY Dollhouse
I want one. How fun would it be to decorate the walls with magazine pictures? I need to have little girls.

Making it Lovely
Another wonderful blog. :)

1 comment:

  1. question... would you ever have the time to come in and do some sort of art demonstration in my classroom? Or... would you know of someone who could? I am in great need of a guest speaker so that I can document it for my masters portfolio that is due really soon.... last min, i know! I am just looking around for someone to come in! okay... call me if you are interested or know of someone who would be. 457-0400

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...