Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Weekend

Well, luck would have it that right after I posted my Friday Links yesterday morning, I started feeling worse and worse and my boss sent me home. Boo. I think I would have been fine, but by the time I got home I was glad I wasn't at work anymore. I went to the doctor (and if you know me, you know I only go if I'm seriously fed up because I hate going to the doctor!) and after running all kinds of tests, he said it was viral. Ugh. No medicine to take. So he gave me a shot in the rear to help me feel better, which I think has helped with the inflammation, but it certainly didn't make me feel better! Boo. Anyway, Nathan and Louie have been taking care of me. I feel bad that I didn't get to go help set up at the Easter Egg Hunt today. At least the weather is nice for them. Today is also Weston's 1st birthday - Nathan's cousin's littlest boy - so he went to that little party. Happy Birthday Weston! :)

Well anyway - we've been having a suprisingly good time taking care of this little buddy. I'm actually sort of sad he will be going home Monday! I will miss my cuddle buddy. :( We took him over to Brittain and Josh's the other night to watch basketball, and he and their dog Buddy had the absolute time of their lives chasing each other around and playing. Louie was so wiped out by the time we got home, he didn't even whine when we put him to bed, and he was obviously tuckered out for the whole next day.
I made a little Easter egg plushy the other night:
Here it is in-progress...
This is my little caddy of needles, thread, beads and sequin goodies for making my little felt plushies:
Of course, Louie was a huge help. For about the first 20 minutes I tried to work on the egg, he was in my lap and attempting to knock over the box of stuff. He tired of that pretty quickly though, and instead snored on my leg all night. What a doofus.
And last but not least, just a few pics of some tasy grilled cheese I made the other night. One of my all-time favorite comfort foods. I always use entirely too much butter, Kraft cheese slices, and I've found they're really good with Italian bread.
Ready to eat with some yummy zuchinni and ranch!
I'm currently on the couch with a snoring dog and chick flicks, where I'll probably be resting up for the rest of the day...except for the exciting Cleaning of the Fish Tank which will happen this afternoon. We got them a new decoration and some new plants to liven up their little fishy lives. Sad what we do for our goldfish to keep them happy.

1 comment:

  1. You captured some great moments of our little guy. He has the longest tongue, doesn't he? We miss him, but he looks like he isn't suffering one little bit. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. Happy Easter! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...