Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 28, 2008

memphis

We're back from our awesome trip to Memphis! It was totally wonderful, save for the *absolutely bone-chilling freezing* weather. We left early Friday morning and got back early last night. There is an album of pictures from our trip on my flickr account. I have a few pictures from the Foo Fighters show that I am going to try to upload, but since I took them with my cell phone, they're pretty crappy. The Foos have an album from the concert up here though, so go check those out.There are also a lot of little video clips from the show on YouTube. We were on the floor, very close to the aisle catwalk thing...putting us very close to Dave Grohl a few times..awesome! When it was over, we were waiting on people to file out of the floor area, and one of the Foos' tech guys came walking down the aisle tossing stuff to people. Nathan said, "Go get me a drumstick, babe!" So I ran up, stuck my hands up and said, "HEY!" The guy tossed me a drumstick, right into my hands. Nathan was beyond excited. It is really cool -- a taped up, banged up stick that Taylor used in the show.

Anyway, we spent most of Friday downtown, checking out our great hotel suite, and going to the concert. We are both still sore from the concert -- my feet and legs from standing and dancing, Nathan's neck from bobbing!! haha. Saturday we spent going to the original Sun Studio, a great record store that Nirvana once played at (Nathan's a huge fan), Beale Street, and a Memphis Grizzlies vs. LA Clippers basketball game. The basketball game was a lot of fun -- I've never been to an NBA game! Sunday we walked around a little more downtown and stopped in the Cotton Museum..it was one of the only things that was open, but we really liked it. It is a great little place. We ate some good food, saw some cool stuff, slept plenty, and completely enjoyed ourselves.... I so wish we could afford trips like this more often. I'll leave off with a picture from the roof of our hotel we took on our last night there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...