Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

learning

I've had a crazy week at work this week, learning a lot about coding websites in xhtml and css, liquid table-less layouts..it is awesome! When I first started trying to figure it out, I was so overwhelmed..but things are starting to click, and I'm understanding things I never understood before. I owe pretty much all of it to a coworker of mine who is incredibly knowledgeable and patient...but I'm proud that I'm making headway. There are so many techniques I have always been dumbfounded by, but it's becoming a little clearer. It's true what they say about learning by doing.

Speaking of websites, I started work on redoing my parents' for my mom to use. It is pretty much an empty shell right now, but this is it so far: http://home.hiwaay.net/~etherida/. I am going to help her set up an external blog (probably on blogger) and the internal pages, but from there she should be able to run it -- she actually maintains her own teacher website daily, so she's ahead of the game! http://www.jeanetheridge.com. At some point I want to figure out how to use WordPress, but I'm not there yet..

Tonight I made baked chicken breast tenderloins that I marinated in Archer Farms (Target brand) Fiery Jamaican Jerk Marinade. Um...it was EXTREMELY hot. Nathan loved it, of course, Freak Who Eats Hot Peppers Like Bananas, but it was a little over the top for me. I bet it would be good with sour cream, on a salad, or in a fajita...but we don't have much around the kitchen this week! I'd recommend Target marinades after using that one, but I'd use that particular flavor with care. You might breathe fire. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...